Sunday, September 28, 2008

Drift

Okay, so I've started this because I want to have a place to post my poetry, and probably some random events in my life. Chances are pretty good I won't refer to anyone by name -- rather I'll have some highly fitting sudonames for everyone.
But right now that's not the point.
I got on here to post a poem I wrote last night.
So here it is.


Drift

It's starless in the city
With people on the street.
Nothing's in the atmosphere
The earth beneath my feet
Beautiful creatures
Human lies
Pain will always fade away
Drift out it's gone, into outerspace
Because the hurt, it gives us life
The love grounds, & the lust
Lust is the only bitter sweet.
Home away from home
Never to return,
Shangrala of my mind
Friends I call my family
Not blood realtions of mine
But nomatter who they are
They know the real me inside
There's nothing in the atmosphere
To ground me down to earth
Why should I try?
Follow my thoughts & feelings
Right into the sky
Because there is nothing in the atmosphere
So let go...



Hope you liked it :D


To Write, Is Life

No comments: